Thursday, April 24, 2008

Goodbye to Vellore

Well folks,
I am about to embark on the "after" part of my Vellore - n -after trip. Goodbye shreiking giant mutant bats that wake me every morning. Goodbye crazy Vellore town. Goodbye CMC, which I got to know from a variety of viewpoints! I got to see and do and learn a lot. Some disappointments, but I'm still very very happy with my experience overall.

So now I head up to Delhi this evening. Felicia already got there this AM. She called to let me know that the hotel there we had been corresponding with regularly, which had arranged to pick her up at the airport when she got in at 5AM 1) did not pick her up 2) had no rooms available when she got there. Stupid Hotel Tara Place. You will get some bad on-line reviews from us.
The last I hear, she had found another place, but could not check in until noon, so I guess she's hanging out in Delhi for a few hours. In theory they will pick me up too.....let see what happens.

We'll spend 2 day in Delhi, and take a day trip to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. Then we fly down to Cochin in Kerala, stay there a day (hopefully wash some elephants), go down to Alleppey, back on a house boat, then down to Varkala for a night, then to the very bottom and Trivandrum (Thiruvanathapuram). From there, fly up to Mumbai for a few days, and finally head home on the 9th of May. Wow. I am going to need a vacation after this trip.

Internet access may be spotty. I'll post text whenever I can. Pics will depend on many things, but I shall try. Felicia's going to post on here too.

2 more weeks of wacky fun! Wish us luck!

No comments: