Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hello from Felicia

Hello Everyone,
This is my first time blogging, so please be a bit patient while figure this out. Chris has already told you about most of our activities, so my plan is to just fill in some of the details and post some more pictures. My arrival into Delhi was mostly uneventful......aside from the hotel mix-up (which was a pain in the butt). After we both arrived in Delhi we did our tour of the city.


Here is a picture of Humayun's tomb. This was probably my favorite thing we saw that day. This building is supposed to be one of the inspirations for the Taj Mahal. It was very peaceful and grounds were beautiful.




Here is a picture of Chris and I at the tomb. I have posted this picture as an example of my inability to take good pictures. We have so many pictures that would be great if I did not have my eyes closed. Oh well, such as life.





Here is Chris at the B'hai temple. This is a classic Chris pose that I thought deserved some blog attention.











The next day we went to Agra and visited Agra's Fort and the Taj Mahal. As Chris said there were tons of beggars (both kids and adults) in Agra. I'm never quite sure how to act around them and at times they can be a bit much. However,some of them are very entertaining. After consistently telling one kid that we are not going to give him money he threatened to call the police, and walked away from us yelling "Police, Police!" It was great.




So, in Agra I was a rock star. We met so many people who could not believe that I really exist. It was great. Several Mongolians and also Indian tourists wanted pictures with me. Here is an example of one of the many pictures I took at the fort. I should have started charging for pictures. I might have made a profit on the visit




Here's Chris making a face. I'm not sure what else I can say about this. You just gotta love him.











Here is the obligatory monkey picture. So cute!


After Agra we hopped on a plane and flew to Cochin (and stayed in an area called Fort Cochin). As Chris has already mentioned Fort Cochin had its ups an downs. We had a great time with the elephants, but the weather on our first day was really not great, making site seeing no fun, and Chris was sick for a a good bit of the visit.

Anyway, here is a picture of the Chinese fishing nets that are used along the beach at Fort Cochin. Basically they use big nets to catch fish that swim by. The fishermen here also use more moder methods of fishing, but I think these are still very much apart of the fishing industry.





While we were in Cochin I also got to pretend that I am an MD, and I removed the five stitches that Chris got from the accident. Maybe I have a second career in plastic surgery......


Here are some more elephant pictures. This was an awesome morning! I had so much fun, and by the looks of it think Chris did too. At the end of this post is some video of Chris washing the elephant! Have a look.













Just in case you couldn't tell I am having a great time. It is trips like this that make almost three years of long distance well worth the time and effort we have both put in. Right now we are in Alleppey and are staying in a small resort on a lake. It is awesome.
More to come in a few days. I hope everyone at home is good. Can't wait to hear what everyone else is up to!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Felicia and Chris,
I can't believe that you got to play with elephants! That's just awesome, I'm crazy jealous. F, thank you for sending this link to me. The photos are beautiful and now I'm determined that my next vacation will be to India. Have a great time and I'll check in again in a few days.

Feeling oh-so-jealous,
EM

Anonymous said...

I can't even tell you how jealous I am! Even if Chris did get relegated to washing the elephant's backside...